Europe, London

Uk Pound

Sovereign:Queen Elizabeth II (1952)

Prime Minister:Boris Johnson (2019)

Land area:93,278 sq mi (241,590 sq km); total area: 94,526 sq mi

(244,820 sq km)


Capital:London, 7,615,000 (metro. area), 7,429,200 (city proper)

Monetary unit:Pound sterling (£)

The United Kingdom, consisting of Great Britain (England, Wales, and Scotland) and Northern Ireland, is twice the size of New York State. England, in the southeast part of the British Isles, is separated from Scotland on the north by the granite Cheviot Hills; from them the Pennine chain of uplands extends south through the center of England, reaching its highest point in the Lake District in the northwest. To the west along the border of Wales—a land of steep hills and valleys—are the Cambrian Mountains, while the Cotswolds, a range of hills in Gloucestershire, extend into the surrounding shires.

Important rivers flowing into the North Sea are the Thames, Humber, Tees, and Tyne. In the west are the Severn and Wye, which empty into the Bristol Channel and are navigable, as are the Mersey and Ribble.


The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy, with a queen and a parliament that has two houses: the House of Lords, with 574 life peers, 92 hereditary peers, and 26 bishops; and the House of Commons, which has 651 popularly elected members. Supreme legislative power is vested in parliament, which sits for five years unless dissolved sooner. The House of Lords was stripped of most of its power in 1911, and now its main function is to revise legislation. In Nov. 1999, hundreds of hereditary peers were expelled in an effort to make the body more democratic. The executive power of the Crown is exercised by the cabinet, headed by the prime minister.


Higher education, also called tertiary, third stage, or post secondary education, is the non-compulsory educational level that follows the completion of a school providing a secondary education, such as a high school or secondary school. Tertiary education is normally taken to include undergraduate and postgraduate education, as well as vocational education and training. Colleges and universities are the main institutions that provide tertiary education. Collectively, these are sometimes known as tertiary institutions. Tertiary education generally results in the receipt of certificates, diplomas, or academic degrees.

University Systems

University education includes teaching, research and social services activities, and it includes both the undergraduate level (sometimes referred to as tertiary education) and the graduate (or postgraduate) level (sometimes referred to as graduate school). Universities are generally composed of several colleges. In the United States, universities can be private and independent, like Yale University, they can be public and State governed, like the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, or they can be independent but State funded, like the University of Virginia.


Postgraduate courses in Computer Science
Postgraduate courses in electronic and electrical engineering
Accountancy courses
Postgraduate courses in tourism
Fashion design courses
How to get into a career in film and television
MBA courses
Postgraduate courses in economics
Postgraduate law courses
Postgraduate courses in finance
Postgraduate art and design courses
Postgraduate engineering courses
Postgraduate courses in the social sciences
Postgraduate courses in psychology
Business courses in the UK
Engineering courses
Postgraduate courses in publishing
Postgraduate courses in graphic design



University of Aberdeen
University of Abertay Dundee
Aberystwyth University
Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge and Chelmsford
University of the Arts London
Aston University, Birmingham
Bangor University
University of Bath
Bath Spa University
University of Bedfordshire, Luton and Bedford
University of Birmingham
Birmingham City University
University Centre at Blackburn College, Blackburn
University of Bolton
Bournemouth University
BPP University College of Professional Studies
University of Bradford
University of Brighton
Brighton and Sussex Medical School University of Bristol
Brunel University, Uxbridge and London
University of Buckingham
Buckinghamshire New University, High Wycombe
University of Cambridge
Canterbury Christ Church University, Canterbury, Thanet, Tunbridge Wells and Chatham
Cardiff University
Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
University of Central Lancashire, Preston
University of Chester, Chester and Warrington
University of Chichester
Crichton University Campus, Dumfries
City University London
Coventry University
Cranfield University, Cranfield, Shrivenham and Silsoe
University for the Creative Arts, Canterbury, Epsom, Farnham, Maidstone and Rochester
University of Cumbria, Carlisle (main campus), Penrith and Ambleside
De Montfort University, Leicester
University of Derby
University of Dundee
Durham University, Durham and Thornaby-on-Tees (Queen's Campus)
University of East Anglia, Norwich
University of East London
Edge Hill University, Ormskirk
University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh Napier University
University of Essex, Colchester and Southend-on-Sea
University of Exeter
University of Glamorgan, Cardiff, Trefforest and Glyntaff
University of Glasgow
Glasgow Caledonian University
University of Gloucestershire, Cheltenham, Gloucester and London
University of Greenwich
Glynd?r University, Wrexham
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh and Galashiels
University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
University of the Highlands & Islands, Inverness (main campus) & across north and western Scotland
University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield & Barnsley
University of Hull, Hull and Scarborough
Hull York Medical School (HYMS)
Imperial College London
Keele University, Staffordshire
University of Kent, Canterbury and Medway
Kingston University
Lancaster University
University of Leeds
Leeds Metropolitan University
University of Leicester
University of Lincoln, Lincoln, Hull, Riseholme and Holbeach
University of Liverpool
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool John Moores University
University of London
London Metropolitan University
London South Bank University
Loughborough University
University of Manchester
Manchester Metropolitan University
Middlesex University, London
Newcastle University University of Northampton
Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne
University of Nottingham
Nottingham Trent University
University of Oxford
Oxford Brookes University
Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry
University of Plymouth
University of Portsmouth
Queen's University Belfast
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
University of Reading
The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
Roehampton University, London
Royal College of Art, London
University of St Andrews
University of Salford
University of Sheffield
Sheffield Hallam University
University of Southampton
Southampton Solent University
Staffordshire University, Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford and Lichfield
University of Stirling, Bridge of Allan
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
University of Sunderland
University of Surrey, Guildford
University of Sussex, Falmer and Brighton
Swansea Metropolitan University
Swansea University
Teesside University, Middlesbrough and Darlington
University of Ulster, Coleraine, Jordanstown, Magee and Belfast
University of Wales
University of Wales, Newport
University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
University of Warwick, Coventry
University of West London, Ealing and Brentford
University of Westminster, London
University of the West of England, Bristol
University of the West of Scotland, Paisley, Hamilton, Ayr & Dumfries
University of Winchester
University of Wolverhampton
University of Worcester
University of York
York St John University






Visa applications have to be made on IM2A forms, which are available free of cost at the British Embassies. This form has to be filled up by the student and submitted to the embassy, along with the Visa application fee and the required documents as mentioned below. 
Immigration Rules for Students You must intend to study at a publicly funded university or college, a
 bonafide private institution or a fee-paying independent school.
You must be able to and intend to follow a full time degree course, or a weekday, full time course at a single institution involving at least 15 hours of organized, daytime study per week.

You must be able to pay for your course and the living expenses of your  husband or wife and children (if they are with you) without working in  UK or claiming public funds.

You must not intend to work in UK unless you are accepted for a
 course lasting longer than six months, when you may work part-time or
 during vacations. You must intend to leave UK at the end of your studies.

Documents Required For a Student Visa

A letter of acceptance on the course This will be a letter from your institution confirming that a place has been offered to you and that the course is full-time as defined by the immigration law. The letter should state how long the course will last. Where your course is more advanced and specialized, the letter should also state what level of English is needed for the course (giving minimum test marks, if appropriate) and confirm that you satisfy this requirement.

Evidence that you can pay the course fees and support yourself and your family, if applicable
Depending on your circumstances, this could include evidence of government sponsorship, a letter from a sponsor in UK confirming they can support you, together with evidence that they can do this, and/or your own bank statements. You should also provide a letter from your place of study stating the full cost of the course, what arrangements are acceptable for payment and whether you have already paid fees or a deposit.


There are many different scholarships available for international students who want to study in the UK. Institutions, organisations and the British Government offer funding schemes and awards to help cover course fees and the cost of UK living. You can search and apply for scholarships in the scholarships finder.

The UK government and other organisations in the UK offer a range of international student scholarships and awards. You can start by searching and applying for scholarships in the scholarship finder in the right-hand column throughout the Education UK website.

Here is a brief look at some of the major scholarships and awards.

British Chevening Scholarships 

Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) 

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme

Royal Society Fellowships 

Scotland's Saltire Scholarships

Scholarships for international students

Queen Mary central scholarships

External sources of funding

International agencies - international organisations such as UNESCO and WHO operate scholarship schemes, usually for developing countries. Details are available from the agencies directly or the Ministry of Education in your home country. oVoluntary organisations - voluntary organisations, such as religious bodies and charities, sometimes award scholarships, though they can be limited in size and scope. Local newspapers and local British Council offices may also hold details of these schemes as they become available. 

Voluntary organisations - voluntary organisations, such as religious bodies and charities, sometimes award scholarships, though they can be limited in size and scope. Local newspapers and local British Council offices may also hold details of these schemes as they become available.

Useful websites

The Association of Commonwealth Universities


International Education Financial Aid

Find a

Science and Engineering Scholarships


магазин DVD фильмов
Battlefield 4 Beta обзоры, тесты, новости