America, New York

US Dollar



The United States of America (also called the United States, the States, the U.S., the USA, and America) is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states and a federal district. The country is mostly in central North America, where its forty-eight contiguous states and Washington, D.C., the capital district, lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south. The state of Alaska is in the northwest of the continent, with Canada to the east and Russia to the west across the Bering Strait. The state of Hawaii is an archipelago in the mid-Pacific. The country also possesses several territories in the Pacific and Caribbean.

At 3.79 million square miles (9.83 million km2) and with over 312 million people, the United States is the third or fourth largest country by total area, and the third largest by both land area and population. It is one of the world's most ethnically diverse and multicultural nations, the product of large-scale immigration from many countries.[6] The U.S. economy is the world's largest national economy, with an estimated 2010 GDP of $14.780 trillion (23% of nominal global GDP and 20% of global GDP at purchasing-power parity).

Indigenous peoples descended from forebears who migrated from Asia have inhabited what is now the mainland United States for many thousands of years. This Native American population was greatly reduced by disease and warfare after European contact. The United States was founded by thirteen British colonies located along the Atlantic seaboard. On July 4, 1776, they issued the Declaration of Independence, which proclaimed their right to self-determination and their establishment of a cooperative union. The rebellious states defeated the British Empire in the American Revolution, the first successful colonial war of independence.[8] The current United States Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787; its ratification the following year made the states part of a single republic with a strong central government. The Bill of Rights, comprising ten constitutional amendments guaranteeing many fundamental civil rights and freedoms, was ratified in 1791.


Undergraduate school: Students who have completed high school and would like to attend college or university must attend what is referred to as an undergraduate school. These are schools that offer either a two-year degree (called an associate degree) or a four-year degree (called a bachelors degree) in a specific course of study. That course of study is called the major. While most schools that offer a four-year degree will admit students who have not yet chosen a major, all students are required to select (or declare) a major by their second year at school. Students who complete an associate degree can continue their education at a four-year school and eventually complete a bachelor degree.

Graduate school: Students who have obtained a bachelor's degree can continue their education by pursuing one of two types of degrees. The first is a master's degree. This is usually a two-year degree that is highly specialized in a specific field. Students are sometimes admitted to a master's degree program only if they have a bachelor's degree in a closely related field. However, there are many exceptions to this, such as with students who want to pursue a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) degree. Students who want to advance their education even further in a specific field can pursue a doctorate degree, also called a PhD. A PhD degree can take between three and six years to complete, depending on the course of study chosen, the ability of the student, and the thesis that the student has selected. The thesis is a very intensive research paper that must be completed prior to earning the degree. It is always required of students pursuing a PhD, and may sometimes be required of students pursuing a master's degree (depending on the school). Certain courses of study are only available at the graduate school level in America. The most notable of these are law, dentistry, and medicine. Students who want to pursue a degree in one of these fields must first obtain a bachelor's degree.

Private universities that offer bachelor degree programs:These are schools that are operated by private individuals and are financed by private funds. These schools are not controlled by any government agency and also offer many bachelors degree options. Tuition at private schools is normally much higher than at public schools because of the lack of financial support from the government. There is no difference between the amount of tuition paid by American students and foreign students. Obtaining a bachelor's degree at a private university or college is what many international students choose. Make sure the university is properly accredited so that your bachelor's degree will be recognized.

Public universities that offer bachelor degree programs: These are schools offering bachelors degree options are operated by a state government and are financed by public funds. They are also called state universities and sometimes have the word state in their names (for example, San Diego State University). The tuition charged by these schools for bachelors degree programs is typically much lower for students who are residents of the state where the school is located. Public universities offer bachelor's degrees and some offer master's and PhD degrees, too. Students who are residents of other states and international students will pay higher tuition because they and their parents have not contributed to the taxes that help finance the schools. The bachelors degree programs offered at public universities vary per school and are popular with international students.


Once admitted, students engage in undergraduate study, which consists of satisfying university and class requirements to achieve a bachelor's degree in a field of concentration known as a major. (Some students enroll in double majors or "minor" in another field of study.) The most common method consists of four years of study leading to a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), a Bachelor of Science (B.S.), or sometimes another bachelor's degree such as Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.), Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.), Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.,) or Bachelor of Philosophy (B.Phil.) Five-Year Professional Architecture programs offer the Bachelor of Architecture Degree (B.Arch.)

Professional degrees such as law, medicine, pharmacy, and dentistry, are offered as graduate study after earning at least three years of undergraduate schooling or after earning a bachelor's degree depending on the program. These professional fields do not require a specific undergraduate major, though medicine, pharmacy, and dentistry have set prerequisite courses that must be taken before enrollment.

Some students choose to attend a community college for two years prior to further study at another college or university. In most states, community colleges are operated either by a division of the state university or by local special districts subject to guidance from a state agency. Community colleges may award Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree after two years. Those seeking to continue their education may transfer to a four-year college or university (after applying through a similar admissions process as those applying directly to the four-year institution, see articulation). Some community colleges have automatic enrollment agreements with a local four-year college, where the community college provides the first two years of study and the university provides the remaining years of study, sometimes all on one campus. The community college awards the associate's degree, and the university awards the bachelor's and master's degrees.

Alabama Louisiana Ohio
Auburn University Louisiana State University in DeVry University
University of Alabama Shreveport Cleveland State University
University of Mobile Southeastern Louisiana University Ohio State University
Alaska Maine Oklahoma
Alaska Pacific University University of Maine Oklahoma State University
University of Alaska Fairbanks University of New England University of Oklahoma
Arizona Maryland Oregon
DeVry University Frostburg State University Eastern Oregon University
Prescott College Johns Hopkins University Oregon State University
  Salisbury University Portland State University
  University of Maryland  
Arkansas Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Arkansas State University Boston University DeVry University
Arkansas Tech University Harvard University Bloomsburg University
University of Mobile Lesley University La Roche College
California Michigan Rhode Island
DeVry University Andrews University Johnson and Wales University
American Intercontinental University Michigan Technological University Rhode Island College
California Baptist University Oakland University University of Rhode Island
California State University Chico    
Claremont Graduate University    
Colorado Minnesota South Carolina
DeVry University Metropolitan State University Clemson University
Colorado State University Walden University South Carolina State University
University of Denver    
Connecticut Mississippi South Dakota
Fairfield University Mississippi State University Northern State University
University of Bridgeport University of Mississippi University of South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
University of Delaware DeVry University Tennessee State University
Wilmington College Saint Louis University Tennessee Technological University
Illinois New Mexico Washington
DeVry University College of the Southwest DeVry University
Illinois Institute of Technology New Mexico State University Eastern Washington University
Illinois State University   Pacific Lutheran University
Northwestern University    
Indiana New York Washington D.C.
Indiana University South Bend DeVry University Catholic University of America
Oakland City University Adelphi University Howard University
  Buffalo State College  
  Columbia University  
  Mount Saint Mary College  
Iowa North Carolina West Virginia
Iowa State University of Science and Technology Duke University Marshall University
University of Iowa Wake Forest University West Virginia University
Kansas North Dakota Wisconsin
Benedictine College University of North Dakota Edgewood College
Pittsburg State University   Marquette University
Kentucky   Wyoming
University of Kentucky   University of Wyoming
Western Kentucky University    


There are three types of student visas:

Academic Studies (F visa) : For people who have been accepted into a program to study or conduct research at an accredited U.S. college or university.

Non-Academic or Vocational Studies (M Visa):  For people who have been accepted into a program to study or train at a non-academic institution in the U.S.

Academic Studies as an Exchange Visitor (J Visas): For people who have been accepted into a program through a designated sponsoring organization to participate in an exchange visitor program in the U.S. The "J" visa is for educational and cultural exchange programs.

General Information:  The United States welcomes foreign students to American language schools, high schools, universities and other institutions of higher education. Students on F-1 visa may accept employment in the U.S. as a part of their practical training by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.

Eligibility Requirements:  An applicant for a student visa must come to the United States to pursue an academic program in an institution recognized by, and affiliated with, the United States government. The alien must have a valid educational purpose for coming to the United States. The student can stay in the United States for as long as he/she is enrolled in school.



Scholarships and Loans: The reality is that there is very little financial aid available from US sources for international students. International student scholarships are very hard to secure. The great majority of international students in America must rely exclusively on themselves and their relatives for funding. If you need to obtain financial aid or an international student scholarship to afford an American education, the best place for you to look is your home country. There may be international student scholarships and international student loans available for study abroad from your government, or from local businesses, organizations, and foundations in your home country.

Other places to look for international student scholarships, international student loans and other forms of international student aid are international humanitarian organizations that want to promote international education and cultural exchange with the USA. Included in these organizations are the United Nations, the World Health Organization, the League of Red Cross Societies, and the World Council of Churches. Some of these organizations have restricted financial aid, international student scholarships and international student loans. For example, the international student scholarships or aid may only be available to graduate students, students from a specific ethnic group, or students who have chosen a specific course of study. Financial aid and scholarships from these organizations are very competitive, so you need to start your search early.

Finally, there are also many universities in the US that provide financial aid and international student scholarships to international students. However, this aid is usually limited and is often more readily available to graduate than undergraduate students. Furthermore, competition for international student scholarships and aid is fierce, and schools are careful to help out the most deserving international students. Good grades and exam scores are extremely important in securing an international student scholarship. Find out whether any of the schools that you would like to apply to have grants, loans or scholarships for international students. If they don't, and you have not been able to obtain enough funding on your own, you may have to consider other schools that will help.


магазин DVD фильмов
Battlefield 4 Beta обзоры, тесты, новости